Sunday, July 29, 2007

New Toy!

I went out today and bought a new toy/gadget. It's a Nikon D40X digital SLR camera.

A friend of ours was over this weekend and we started talking about photography. He was showing me his Nikon camera and the great pictures it takes. Now I had been contemplating purchasing a new camera for several months, but hadn't focused on it as a top priority. Well after seeing the results of our friends camera and the wonderful conversation around the hobby, I decided there wasn't going to be a better time to take it up myself. So after several hours of research Sunday, I headed out and picked up my new camera.

I have to say that after playing with it for several hours today I am absolutely thrilled with what this camera can do (not that I've even scratched the surface of exploiting all of its rich features).



Of course there's the obligatory flower shot to start things off...






I look forward to experimenting with it more and posting some of my results in this blog and others that I author.

Stay tuned!

No comments: